To get the full scoop on one of the hottest topics in the world of wedding inspiration, we are invited into the home of Abby & Tait Larson to learn more about their story, and the oh so popular wedding resource: Style Me Pretty.
They started when the blogging world was fresh, and not nearly as creative.
You will learn how they both started this amazing business that has grown with them and the industry-including details on how they’ve reacquired Style Me Pretty!
- How Tait and Abby met after College
- Abby worked for a Stationery Company that helped her path to Blogging
- Abby’s first invitation for a friend’s wedding led her to start her own stationery business that she later sold
- Doing stationary for Oprah, and why she never cashed the check
- Style Me Pretty’s early days started from a type pad account, Abby even created her own logo
- Abby noticed there was an enormous gap from what was happening offline and what was happening online for brides
- Abby feels her vendors she originally reached out to are why Style Me Pretty is so successful
- Abby always led with her gut and feels it was important in the early days of the blog
- Broke a wedding into 10 parts having readers come back through the day
- Real weddings were a key to success
- Having an offer on Style Me Pretty made them realize it was worth something
- Vendor directory was really liked by the vendors
- Tait and Abby took one year off after the 4-year partnership with AOL
- How Tait and Abbey got Style Me Pretty back
- Discussing market saturation
- Authenticity is an opportunity to tell the story behind the scenes