Andy is happy to have Carrie Goldberg back on the show to discuss how COVID-19 has affected her personally and professionally, what she is hearing from both brides and planners, and the challenges planners have with managing their clients’ expectations, but also keeping them safe and socially distanced.
Carrie is the Digital Travel & Weddings Editor at Harper’s Bazaar, where she oversees all things weddings and travel for HarpersBazaar.com. She is in charge of content, strategy, and visuals for Bazaar’s digital travel and wedding verticals and editor of their membership subscription program called Bazaar Bride.
Listen, as Carrie discusses the different ways some brides are viewing their weddings and how planners are coping with wedding guests while trying to keep them safe. Carrie believes that this pandemic has made couples ask themselves what’s really important and whether now is the right time to take a chance on a large wedding or wait until it’s safe.
She also believes that some changes, she sees now, will continue in the future because people are realizing what is important and much of it is about getting back to basics. Carrie shares advice for planners and stylists around shopping and talks about where she will be for the next few months. Carrie has great insight into what is going on in the wedding and event business during this pandemic. You don’t want to miss what she has to say.
Don’t forget to listen to Andy’s new podcast, The Music Makers. It’s a podcast about behind-the-scenes stories from some of the most influential music industry pros around including artists, recording engineers, record producers, songwriters, managers, record industry executives, and more. You can find The Music Makers podcast by searching for it in your cell phone’s podcast app or by going to www.themusicmakers.com.
SUPPORTING THE WEDDING BIZ
Become a patron and support Andy and the show: For as little as $6 per month, or $0.75 per episode, are you willing to support the industry insights Andy brings on his podcast? If you are so inspired: contribute.
- [01:09] Welcome back to the show, Carrie!
- [02:08] Carrie discusses how COVID-19 has affected her personally and professionally.
- [05:00] Carrie speaks about how she feels like the pandemic is robbing her of time with her family and grandparents.
- [06:07] Listen as Carrie shares what couples and brides have been sharing with her about how this has affected their weddings.
- [08:25] Andy speaks about a wedding he has coming up in September and the COVID-19 rider his company has put in place.
- [09:29] Carrie discusses the challenges the planners are having trying to manage expectations and social distancing.
- [11:17] Carrie speaks about how the pandemic has affected styling for events.
- [14:17] Carrie believes we will see permanent changes to how brides make decisions around dresses and planning their weddings.
- [16:20] Listen, as Carrie describes how she believes we will define luxury for the future.
- [17:54] Carrie shares advice for planners, stylists, and shopping while navigating weddings during this pandemic.
- [19:43] She tells us where she will travel during the rest of the year.
- [20:28] Thank you so much for being on the show!
Carrie Goldberg Episode 186 on The Wedding Biz
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
Rachel Birthistle Episode 202 on The Wedding Biz