Does giving back make you feel better? Listen as Andy and Robert Sherman, the President of Washington Talent, and Andy’s partner at Kushner Entertainment discuss JoAnn being the godmother of destination weddings, wanting to be an advocate for her clients and the Sewing Angles plus much more on this episode of The Next Level.
JoAnn is the owner of Elegant Occasions by JoAnn Gregoli. She has been included in Modern Bride Magazine as one of their Top Trendsetters of the year, and she was recently recognized as one of the top twenty-five most influential wedding planners in the World.
Listen as Robert and Andy share how JoAnn was a wedding crasher in her twenties because she loved love, how JoAnn took classes in every aspect of an event so she could talk to her creative partners in their language and her insights into getting to know every generation so she could market to them all in a way they would respond to.
They also discuss how JoAnn is giving back during the pandemic by sewing masks because her daughter was on the frontline with limited PPE. She got some women’s groups involved and paid for the materials out of her pocket because she says giving back makes you feel better.
If you want to be inspired to help JoAnn with shipping the masks, please go to her go fund me page at www.sewingangels.org and click on the Frontline Sewing Angles link.
Don’t forget to listen to Andy’s new podcast, The Music Makers. It’s a podcast about behind-the-scenes stories from some of the most influential music industry pros around including artists, recording engineers, record producers, songwriters, managers, record industry executives, and more. You can find The Music Makers podcast by searching for it in your cell phone’s podcast app or by going to www.themusicmakers.com.
SUPPORTING THE WEDDING BIZ
Become a patron and support Andy and the show: For as little as $6 per month, or $0.75 per episode, are you willing to support the industry insights Andy brings on his podcast? If you are so inspired: contribute.
- [01:11] Welcome back to the show, Robert!
- [03:10] They speak about JoAnn taking classes in everything her creative partners do so she can advocate for her clients.
- [04:43] Robert and Andy discuss JoAnn’s insight on knowing every generation so you can market to them.
- [05:47] Robert talks about how now the millennials are paying for their weddings.
- [08:22] Andy speaks about JoAnn and the Sewing Angels sewing masks and shipping them to people in need.
- [09:50] To help JoAnn and all her helpers to keep making masks, please go www.sewingangels.org and click the go fund me link for frontline sewing angels.
- [11:34] Robert, thank you for being on the show!
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Robert Sherman, owner of Washington Talent
Robert Sherman Episode 206 on The Wedding Biz
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
Colin Cowie Episode 128 on The Wedding Biz
Colin Cowie Episode 135 on The Wedding Biz
Colin Cowie Episode 267 on The Wedding Biz