“When life gets tough, it takes guts to keep going.” Andy is excited to have Cindy Novotny back on the show. Cindy is the founder of Master Connections Associates, an internationally renowned leader in sales, leadership, and customer service. The Association of Talent Development has recognized her as one of the nine most powerful and innovative speakers. Cindy is also the author of the book Living with No Balance and Loving it.
Listen as Cindy speaks about where she was when the pandemic hit, and how she immediately jumped on webinars with her clients at no charge to help them navigate the crisis. Cindy discusses some common issues she has been helping clients with and why she believes that non-stop communication with your clients and team is important.
“You have to be in charge of your own destiny.” Not everyone is in the same boat; some industries are busier than they have ever been. Cindy shares what she tells people in the event industry about looking at an empty calendar and how you have to be flexible with your business model.
“Never ever reduce your prices.” Listen, as Cindy says, that reducing your prices will take you five years to recover. Instead of lowering your rates, she says to take on more clients. Cindy also touches on the vaccine controversy and shares that she has gotten every available vaccine and will get the COVID-19 one when it is available.
Cindy believes that you need to be humble if you have no clients and are in trouble financially, use what you know, and get a job. She believes that you need to do what’s necessary and remember this will pass. What a powerful and inspiring interview!
Don’t forget to listen to Andy’s new podcast, The Music Makers. It’s a podcast about behind-the-scenes stories from some of the most influential music industry pros around, including artists, recording engineers, record producers, songwriters, managers, record industry executives, and more. You can find The Music Makers podcast by searching for it in your cell phone’s podcast app or by going to www.themusicmakers.com.
SUPPORTING THE WEDDING BIZ
Become a patron and support Andy and the show: For as little as $6 per month, or $0.75 per episode, are you willing to support the industry insights Andy brings on his podcast? If you are so inspired: contribute.
- [01:17] Welcome back to the show, Cindy!
- [01:40] Cindy always says what got you here today won’t take you into the future.
- [02:40] Listen as Cindy speaks about where she was when the pandemic hit.
- [04:10] Cindy shares that she immediately jumped on webinars with her clients at no charge to help them.
- [06:32] Cindy discusses some of the most common things she has been helping clients with.
- [09:18] Non-stop communication with clients and your team is something Cindy believes in.
- [11:10] Cindy says you have to be in charge of your own destiny.
- [12:33] Not everyone is in the same boat. Some businesses are going over the top crazy during the pandemic.
- [14:31] What do you tell people in the event industry looking at an empty calendar for the rest of the year?
- [17:28] Cindy talks about being flexible with your business model.
- [19:02] Listen as Cindy shares what she would say to someone who is struggling financially.
- [21:15] Cindy speaks about the controversy surrounding vaccines.
- [23:53] Cindy says to never, ever reduce your prices.
- [24:52] Lowering your price will take you five years to recover.
- [27:59] Thank you so much for taking the time to be on the show!
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social: