Pablo Oliveira’s work is so elegant and sophisticated, his portfolio images alone are a feast for the eyes. Nuage Designs, the name of Pablo’s company, is growing internationally. From royal weddings to inaugural balls, Nuage Designs has been dressing the tables of some of the most prestigious events globally including Chelsea Clinton’s Wedding.
Pablo grew up in Brazil, and with no history of design or events in his family, becoming who he is today appears to have been a total accident. Always having an artistic side, though also loving math, he ended up going to Switzerland to study Hospitality. Dealing with high end expectations comes from Pablo’s background in the Hospitality industry. Pablo started his company working in the textile industry and is now considered a trend setter in the linen world. Starting with his first warehouse, Pablo has grown his business and continues to do so.
This episode is sponsored by Zola, the fastest-growing wedding platform that connects today’s couples with the right planners and vendors. Zola gives wedding professionals more control, better exposure, and higher quality leads – all with competitive pricing and no annual commitment. Create your free listing at www.zola.com/andy.
Have you heard about Stop and Smell the Roses with Preston Bailey on The Wedding Biz Network? Listen as Preston shares the secrets, tools, and technologies behind his extraordinary ability to create a theatrical environment out of any space. Also, don’t forget about Sean Low’s podcast The Business of Being Creative, where Sean discusses the power of being niched, pricing strategies, metrics of success, and so much more. You can find both shows on The Wedding Biz Network.
“Always my passion was in the product itself and having beautiful things to offer to our customers, but also developed a passion for managing the business” – Pablo Oliveira
- Nuage Designs company name and how Pablo came up with it
- Pablo’s background and passions growing up
- How he ended up going to college for Hospitality in Switzerland and what got his attention to go there
- Did internships in Switzerland, Barcelona and lived in California, and now Miami
- Being let go from his last hospitality job began an opportunity with a friend in a Textile industry at 25 years old
- One role model in Pablo’s life was the owner of a hotel in Miami
- The biggest things Pablo learned from working for him was being humble, having a hands-on approach and caring deeply for his business and team
- Pablo had no background in design when he began working in the Textile industry so learned on the go
- Pablo started showing friends in event design fabrics and they mentioned they do not buy, they rent. Thus the idea of starting a rental company was born
- Pablo was conservative as he grew his business never taking on debt or investors
- Nuage Design company is starting to spread internationally and has around 50 employees
- Pablo’s newest passion is to learn every detail about his business
- The process of linen design planning
- Trends change quickly, so continue to introduce new products
- Collaborating with Preston Bailey for a linen collection
- Pablo gives tips and advice in dealing with linens
- The next 5 years of Pablo’s career and where he thinks he will go
- Pablo tells a story about Chelsea Clinton’s wedding
- Balancing business with personal life
Watch the making of Preston Bailey Linen Collection
Nuage Designs Instagram: @nuagedesignsinc
Pablo Oliveira Instagram: @pablocoliveira
Marketing Manager: Zaira@nuagedesigns.com
This Episode is Sponsored by:
No comment yet, add your voice below!