REVISIT: Jose Villa is a fine art wedding photographer known for crafting vibrant, fine art images that are as unique as the people in the photographs. Jose has been published in many magazines around the world, including Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, Elegant Bride, Instyle Weddings, Inside Weddings, Brides Magazine, Modern Bride, Weddings, Brides, Pacific Weddings, Southern Weddings and many more.
Jose has been named a top wedding photographer in Martha Stewart Weddings, Harper’s Bazaar, Style Me Pretty, and Vogue, and was recently listed in the Top 10 Wedding Photographers in the World by American Photo Magazine.
Jose was born in Mexico but grew up in Solvang, California. He attended Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California and is the author of Fine Art Wedding Photography.
- Jose opens up about his parents’ initial reaction to him wanting to be a photographer.
- What motivated Jose initially to take photography classes in high school.
- The one person who helped boost Jose’s confidence as a young photographer.
- How did Jose get his first gig as a wedding photographer?
- Jose defines what fine art photography is when it comes to weddings.
- Why does Jose continue to shoot in film, even after the rise of digital photography?
- The things Jose worries about when waiting for developed film to come back.
- Jose shares the reason candid photos mean so much at a wedding, especially to friends and family.
- Jose believes that a photographer’s presence at a wedding impacts the event as a whole as well as the bride and groom’s wedding day experience.
- What do you do if guests pull out cameras or cell phones during the ceremony?
- Jose shares his to-to gear for shooting weddings in film.
LINKS & RESOURCES
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
The Wedding Biz on Instagram: @theweddingbiz
The Wedding Biz on Facebook: @theweddingbiz
Title Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by PartySlate – the first website designed specifically for event professionals and venues!
Jose’s Book: Fine Art Wedding Photography