These days, The Knot is largely synonymous with planning a modern wedding. It is often the first resource brides will use to feel empowered during an uncertain time. There’s a reason for that! Founder of The Knot, Carley Roney, and Brand Builder, Anja Winikka, are innovating the wedding business through authentic connection and female empowerment. The Knot is the #1 Mobile Wedding App, and most bride’s first destination after getting engaged. What started as a small company trying to simplify wedding planning has grown to become one of the most innovative and female-focused entrepreneurial endeavors. Innovation and inclusivity were at the heart of Carley Roney’s vision for The Knot when she and her husband started the company in the early 90’s. With the brand mastery of Anja Winnika, The Knot has solidified its identity as the authority on just about every facet of the wedding business, while also empowering brides to create a wedding that is personal and fun.
A lot has changed about the wedding industry since The Knot was founded, but their core community values of trust, style, and inclusivity haven’t. In today’s episode, you will learn all about Carley’s ahead-of-her-time vision for how the Internet could bring unparalleled innovation to the wedding business. You will also learn how The Knot has continued to evolve and grow by listening to users and cultivating resources with a personal touch. The Knot encourages brides, planners, and vendors to connect in the moment. With resources like The Ultimate Wedding Planner and their wealth of information online, brides can trust that The Knot is working to empower them through the wedding process.
Listen this week to learn how The Knot is empowering their employees, building innovation into their DNA, and paving the way for female entrepreneurs within the wedding business.
- The slightly ironic story behind Carley’s relationship with the wedding world.
- The Knot was launched as an opportunity to tailor weddings to the people throwing them and change the business forever.
- Anja’s past with the cookie-cutter wedding industry led her to the relatable branding in The Knot.
- Carley and Anja’s story of mentorship and personal growth.
- How a female-focused company is changing the business and sticking to their brand.
- What it took Carley and her team to stick to the name, “The Knot.”
- How things have changed since The Knot was founded, but not their core values.
- There are new traditions evolving all the time.
- The Knot listened to their community and expanded into nesting and parenthood to rise to the demand.
- Carley and Anja’s motherhood journey has influenced their company identity.
- The community around The Knot is the biggest driving force behind what they do.
- The Knot [Website]
- The Knot Pro blog [Website]
- The Knot [Instagram]
- The Knot [Twitter]
- The Knot [Pinterest]
- Carley Roney [Instagram]
- Carley Roney [Twitter]
- Anja Winikka [Instagram]
- Anja Winikka [Twitter]
- The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner and Organizer