In this episode of The Next Level, Andy Kushner and guest co-host, Jennifer Stein, discuss key topics from last week’s interview with Meghan Ely. Jennifer is the Owner, Publisher, and Editor in Chief of Destination I Do Magazine.
Welcome to another episode of The Next Level, in which I have a guest co-host, and the two of us talk about my recent interview of the week. This week we discuss how Meghan Ely was able to combine her love of marketing, PR, and wedding planning to carve a unique niche in the lux wedding industry. Another important topic that Meghan has a great handle on is the evolution of the industry. Jennifer and I discuss how important it is to stay relevant and not be dependent on other outlets for PR, marketing, or other revenue-generating activities. We also talk about outside the box thinking, pitching, and so much more.
- [02:32] We kick off the show with Jennifer sharing a little bit about her magical trip to Sorrento, Italy.
- [03:36] We discuss how Meghan talked about staying relevant in the current PR landscape.
- [04:07] Social media has really changed the landscape of media, and Jennifer is impressed with the way that Meghan stays ahead of trends and changes.
- [05:20] We talk about the importance of staying relevant and how it is dangerous to be dependent on one outlet with your marketing.
- [06:07] Diversifying is so important. We need to focus on the space that we own not the space we rent.
- [07:08] We can use social media to build our brands, though be sure to diversify.
- [08:33] A clever trick to make sure you are relevant is just to Google wedding and see what is current.
- [09:31] You can also become a thought leader by talking about what others aren’t.
- [10:15] Jennifer shares awesome trends that could be brought back and used to refresh the industry.
- [11:09] Andy and Jennifer talk about the importance of trusting your instincts and being original.
- [13:07] We talk about a wonderful platform with a growth trajectory. Podcasting!
- [14:41] Another service that Meghan offers is to help people become podcast guests.
- [15:24] Jennifer shares tips on how to pitch to her magazine. Outside of the box thinking can be an article.
OFD Consulting…Wedding PR Services:
Wedding PR membership:
Wedding Industry Speakers:
This Week’s Guest Co-Host
LINKS & RESOURCES:
Kushner Entertainment www.kushnerentertainment.com