Andy welcomes Jennifer Stein back to The Next Level. Jennifer is the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Destination I Do Magazine, which can be found at newsstands in all fifty states and twelve countries. She also publishes a daily blog, consults, custom publishes, and is about to launch a new podcast.
Michelle is a destination planner, producer, and designer based out of New York City who works all over the world. She has a book called “Signature Weddings – Creating A Day Uniquely Your Own,” and she does many different types of events, she has even produced an event at the Vatican in Rome.
They talk about how Michelle brings in clients and builds relationships, using print to market your business and the power that Michelle brings from a chaotic childhood to her business mindset today. Jennifer also talks about taking a step back, thinking things through before responding, and how critical conversations need to happen in person or on the phone.
Did you know that fear can be a motivator? Listen in as Andy and Jennifer speak about letting fear motivate you but getting rid of the fear that doesn’t serve you. These two always have the best deep conversations, and this is one that should be on your must-hear list. Take a moment to listen and think about what they are saying.
- [00:52] As always, great to have you back, Jennifer!
- [02:13] Jennifer speaks about the way Michelle brings in clients and builds relationships and the different ways in which it can be done.
- [04:55] They talk about finding your strengths when it comes to closing business and how you can use print to increase business.
- [07:36] Jennifer talks about the power that can come from overcoming a chaotic background and making it work for you.
- [09:46] Do you take things personally when it concerns your business? Can you take a step back and realize it’s just business?
- [11:00] Jennifer speaks about thinking things through and giving yourself time before responding.
- [12:43] Critical conversations need to happen in person or over the phone.
- [14:55] Do you believe you can make your own luck?
- [16:17] Jennifer agrees with Michelle.
- [19:08] Michelle believes that fear can be a motivator, Jennifer says that if fear doesn’t serve you then figure out how to get rid of it.
- [22:53] They discuss the things they do to combat anxiety and how therapists have helped them over the years.
- [27:03] Jennifer, thank you so much for being here.
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
Title Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by PartySlate – the first website designed specifically for event professionals and venues!
How to find Michelle
Michelle Rago Part 1 on The Wedding Biz
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Jennifer Stein Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Destination I Do Magazine
Jennifer Stein on the Wedding Biz