The Next Level welcomes Laurie Arons to the show! Laurie has been mentioned in numerous magazine publications and was listed in Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, and Martha Stewart Weddings as one of the top planners worldwide. Her clients include trendsetters like Sofia Coppola, Vanessa Getty, and Christy Turlington, to name a few. Laurie has also created and runs a very successful Wedding Planner Masterclass in March of each year and just announced that for March 2020, it will be at the stunning Brush Creek Ranch in Wyoming.
Greg Finck is a brilliant photographer based in Paris. Greg was an executive for ten years with Proctor and Gamble and, at first, was doing wedding photography on the side as a hobby. Five years ago, he started shooting weddings full-time and is already handling major destination weddings and working in the fashion industry. He learned early on how to utilize social media as a marketing tool effectively and has over 70 thousand Instagram followers. Greg also gives a workshop in the spring and is speaking on Authentic Branding at Engage in London in a couple of weeks.
Andy and Laurie bring into focus how seriously Greg takes his career, how hard he works, and how easy he is to work with. They talk about his use of social media to market his brand, why being authentic is so important, and how it can make or break your business. They both agree that Greg’s humility is one of his greatest assets; it is something that clients and vendors alike can feel, and it can only enhance what you do.
Listen in as Andy and Laurie take a deep dive into some of the best parts of Greg’s interview. Laurie and Greg run their businesses in very similar manners, and they are both at the top of their careers. If your company has stopped its upward climb and you are looking for some tips to restart the momentum, this episode drills down into some points that might make your struggle a little easier.
- [01:07] Laurie, welcome to the show!
- [02:08] for Laurie’s next Wedding Planners Masterclass in March 2020.
- [02:33] In this episode, Laurie and Andy are discussing Greg Finck.
- [03:56] Does your job feed your heart?
- [04:16] Laurie was a product manager at a biotech firm.
- [04:48] Listen as Laurie tells us what advice she gives people who want to break into the industry or start their own company.
- [06:54] They discuss the speed at which both Greg and Laurie rose to the top in the industry.
- [09:25] Laurie speaks about Greg’s use of social media, how seriously he takes what he does and how hard he works.
- [11:57] Being easy to work with and professional is so crucial in any industry. [13:23] They chat about being authentic with clients and managing their expectations.
- [15:01] Greg’s outlook on branding has both Andy and Laurie agreeing.
- [16:03] Laurie discusses how important it is to take any opportunity to show your professionalism to clients and vendors.
- [17:42] Humility is something that they all feel is so important. You are only as good as your last event.
- [19:23] Being humble can open your mind to great things.
- [20:44] Thank you, Laurie, for being on the show!
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
Follow Greg Finck
Greg on Vimeo
Greg@gregfinck on Instagram
Greg@gregfinckphotographie on Facebook
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Laurie Arons Special Events
Laurie on Vimeo