Do you prefer to take photographs digitally or with film? Listen as Andy and Rachel discuss Jose Villa and why he uses film almost exclusively. Rachel is the Owner and CEO of The Lake Como Wedding Planner based in Como, Italy. She works with clients directly but also has the pleasure of morphing into the local team for many foreign agencies such as planners in the states like Lisa Vorce on Chrissy Tegan and John Legend’s wedding, Colin Cowie, and many more.
Jose Villa is a celebrity photographer known for crafting vibrant, fine art images that are as unique as the people in the photographs. Jose has been published in many magazines around the world and was listed in the Top 10 Wedding Photographers in the World by the American Photo Magazine. This interview from two years ago is being re-released to get you ready for Part 2 coming out in a few weeks.
Rachel has worked with Jose many times and shares how focused he is on-site, his underlying intuition and empathy when shooting weddings. They chat about how important it is to connect with the client, whether you are the photographer, the planner, the entertainment, or any other creative partner in the industry. The more you feel connected and know the client, the more you want to do a better job because you have a personal bond with them.
Listen, as Andy and Rachel discuss how guests taking pictures with their phones can get in the way during the ceremony and why they should just sit back and let the professional photographers do their jobs. Plug into this episode and keep a lookout for Part 2 in the next few weeks.
- [00:45] Welcome to the show again, Rachel!
- [01:54] Rachel shares that she has worked with Jose many times.
- [02:46] Rachel speaks about the fact that Jose uses mostly film and how it has a beautiful look that has become very popular.
- [04:36] They talk about how the focus has to be so in-depth when shooting with film.
- [05:49] Rachel shares that having seen Jose work, she understands how focused he is when he is on-site, and has an underlying sense of intuition and empathy.
- [08:33] Andy shares about a destination wedding he just did and how connected he felt to the client.
- [09:46] Rachel chats about how important it is with clients, it creates another level of trust.
- [14:03] Rachel shares that it makes a special moment if you put your phone away and enjoy the moment.
- [14:54] Thank you, everyone, for listening.
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
Title Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by PartySlate – the first website designed specifically for event professionals and venues!
Jose’s Book: Fine Art Wedding Photography
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Rachel Birthistle