Could you be more productive with honing your storytelling techniques? Listen as Andy and Sean Low discuss Bill’s insights into storytelling and how doing it more effectively can help you with prospective clients. Sean’s consulting firm, The Business of Being Creative, focuses on providing practical advice to those in the business of being creative. His client list includes the who’s who of the wedding industry and design community.
Andy is announcing the official launch of his new podcast network called The Wedding Biz Network, in which Andy will produce podcasts for other people in the event industry, with Sean being its first member. Sean’s show will come out within a week or two, so be on the lookout for it because it is fantastic!
Bill Baker is a wonderful consultant who says that behind every leader, brand, strategy, idea, or initiative is a story. Bill teaches us how to make those stories strategic and have ideas come to life. Bringing people together with a story is an art, and Bill is the artist.
Listen as Andy and Sean speak about Bill’s definition of storytelling, how to define the pillars of your brand through storytelling, and the importance of emotion to bring humanity to the story. They discuss how to bring stories to presentations to set the stage and get the audience more involved in what you are sharing with them.
If you didn’t realize how vital storytelling could be, you need to listen to Bill’s interview on The Wedding Biz then listen to Andy and Sean break down some nuggets of greatness that Bill shared.
SUPPORTING THE WEDDING BIZ
Become a patron and support Andy and the show: For as little as $6 per month, or $0.75 per episode, are you willing to support the industry insights Andy brings on his podcast? If you are so inspired: contribute.
- [01:28] Welcome back to the show, Sean!
- [01:49] Andy announces the official launch of his new Network.
- [03:05] Sean speaks about knowing Bill through social media and how much he appreciates his definition of storytelling.
- [05:13] Sean believes that storytelling is an art, bringing people into the fold, so they feel connected.
- [06:53] Defining the pillars of a brand through storytelling is something that Bill believes is essential.
- [08:58] Sean loves the humanity and emotions of storytelling.
- [10:30] Bill says to add storytelling to presentations to set the stage.
- [12:02] Sean says there are two types of stories and you have to know when to bring which one into what you need and when.
- [13:13] Congratulations, Sean, on the show you are about to launch!
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Sean Low, Founder and President of The Business of Being Creative LLC.
Sean Low on the Wedding Biz
Email Sean: email@example.com
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
Title Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by The Music Makers Podcast, where you can get behind-the-scenes stories from the most influential music industry pros.