Andy welcomes Sean Low to this episode of The Next Level. Sean’s company, The Business of Being Creative, focuses on providing practical advice to those in the business of being creative. His client list includes the whos who of the wedding industry and design community.
Clane is an award-winning international photographer. His images have been featured in dozens of magazines, including PDM, National Geographic and Smithsonian. And he was inducted into all of the National Geographic Fine Art Galleries across the world!
Sean and Andy talk about Clane’s vulnerability, his perspective on people living the life they allow themselves to live, and why he believes that we should try to live in the moment. They speak about what Clane told us about his upbringing, leaving the Mormon church to be able to live the life he wanted and the hardships that came from it.
Listen in as they discuss and bring their insights into some of the fantastic things that Clane said in the interview. How he captures the essence of a client’s wedding in “one shot,” the way he picks his clients and how he gambles when he thinks he can get the perfect unexpected photo.
There are so many fantastic details about Clane’s insights that you won’t want to miss this episode. The conversations between Andy and Sean are always entertaining, so put your feet up and live in the moment!
- [00:56] Welcome back yet again, Sean!
- [02:10] Sean speaks about Clane’s vulnerability in the interview.
- [03:10] They discuss Clane’s perspective about how you have the life that you allow yourself to have, and how self-aware he is.
- [04:24] Being here in the moment, not in the past or the future, is a challenge.
- [06:59] Sean talks about Clane leaving the Mormon church, his family, to be what he wanted to be, and going as far as living in his car.
- [08:42] They talk about Clane bringing out people’s essence and the light that surrounds them.
- [10:14] Sean describes what Clane means by creating the essence of the wedding in one photo; he’s a gambler when it comes to getting the image.
- [14:12] Clane uses the juxtaposition of light in the shadow of the dark to bring the pictures together in one moment to make the perfect photo.
- [15:45] Thank you, Sean, for being on the show.
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
How to Find Clane
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Sean Low, Founder and President of The Business of Being Creative LLC.
Sean Low on the Wedding Biz
Email Sean: firstname.lastname@example.org