In this episode of The Next Level, Andy Kushner and Sean Low, Founder and President of The Business of Being Creative LLC, chat about David Adler’s interview on the Wedding Biz. Seans’ consulting firm is focused on providing practical advice to those in the business of being creative, his client list includes many of the biggest names in the wedding and design industries.
Listen in as they discuss David’s comments on social engineering, his insights on augmented reality, radical humanization and code switching. The idea that events are like standing around the water cooler or going to the town square. And hear about his philosophy on how we, in the event business, are “collaboration artists.” You might just learn something from this episode that you didn’t know so sit back, relax and enjoy.
- [00:51] Welcome back to the show Sean!
- [02:09] Andy chats with Sean about David Adler.
- [02:55] Sean discusses his take on David’s ideas of collaboration artists and social engineering.
- [03:56] Andy and Sean agrees that David’s thought that you can stretch the use of events to market is spot on.
- [05:45] Sean likes what David said about using an event like the new town square to get together with people one on one.
- [08:28] Andy speaks to us about augmented reality and how that is the future of technology.
- [11:20] Andy and Sean discuss the idea of radical humanization, staying in touch socially face-to-face.
- [13:08] Do you like the idea of code-switching? The ultimate marketing?
- [14:40] Sean thinks networking is a term that should not be used anymore, just be there and listen to people.
- [17:18] They both agree with David when he talked about choosing to yourself get out there and make a difference, do what you can do.
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Sean Low, Founder and President of The Business of Being Creative, LLC
Sean Low on Twitter
Sean Low on Linkedin
Sean’s Episode on The Wedding Biz: