In this episode of The Next Level, Andy Kushner and guest co-host, Sean Low, discuss key topics from last Monday’s interview with Meryl Snow. Sean is a big-picture thinker who connects the dots for creative business owners to find high levels of success.
On this episode of The Next Level, Sean and Andy discuss the way Meryl Snow built her business to where it is now. From becoming a trendsetter to creating a defined hiring practice, Meryl has built her business for ultimate success. Sean also chats about Meryl’s belief that traditional sales tactics no longer work, and those trained in sales should start from scratch.
You won’t want to miss out on Sean’s insights into the many effective practices Meryl has put into place to build multiple successful businesses. Tune in to hear his take on her best practices.
[01:15] Andy recaps the work and accomplishments of Meryl Snow, the topic of this The Next Level episode.
- [02:04] Sean chats about how Meryl jumped in and did it herself and the courage she had in doing that.
- [04:08] Getting awards helped boost Meryl’s career, Sean discusses the efficacy of that strategy.
- [06:57] Andy shares the moments of doubt he experiences when business decisions don’t seem to pan out.
- [07:43] Sean reveals how to make the decision to pivot or change when things don’t seem to connect.
- [08:59] Being different is how you should work to sell your products and services to your potential clients. Per Meryl, traditional sales strategies no longer work.
- [12:04] Before you get to the selling, you need to connect with people.
- [13:18] Sean discusses Meryl’s strategy, while hiring, of first requiring every candidate to leave a voicemail with the reason they are the perfect fit for the company.
LINKS:The Wedding Biz WebsiteThe Wedding Biz InstagramThe Wedding Biz Facebook@theweddingbiz
Meryl SnowLinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/merylsnow1/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/meryl.snowhttps://www.facebook.com/snowconsultant/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/merylsnow/Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/merylsnowsYouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MerylSnow
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Sean LowSean’s Websites: http://www.thebusinessofbeingcreative.com/ and http://www.thebbccollective.com/ Sean’s Email – firstname.lastname@example.orgSean on Twitter
Sean on FacebookSean Low: The Business Of Being CreativeSean’s interview on The Wedding Biz
LINKS & RESOURCES:
SPONSOR LINKSKushner Entertainment www.kushnerentertainment.com
Quotes:“If you can’t get what you want, you just have to do it yourself” Meryl Snow
“Getting external validation is always meaningful, and also using that platform whether you’ve got the external validation or not, to choose yourself so that you set trends are both consistent.” Sean Low
“Everybody is on the front lines and everybody defines your company.” Sean Low