Lisa Gooder was always passionate about telling stories. No matter the workplace– from artifact appraisals to digital media, to Lisa, the way a story could connect others and draw interest were obvious. Enter her break into the wedding industry, where the story has been culturally set for decades – that is, until Lisa began to see changes in the demographic and wanted to help tell their honest stories.
Get ready to dive deep with Lisa on how she’s seen the answer to the question, “why get married?” change drastically over the years, why that matters, and what it means for brands in the wedding industry.
About Lisa Gooder:
Lisa Gooder has been at the intersection of digital media and the wedding industry for years – from her time working at The Knot to her current position as Executive Director for Brides Magazine. Lisa attended Brown University and lives in New York with her family.
- Lisa’s early eclectic career beginnings that immersed her in storytelling
- Why Lisa put off going to college
- The funny story of being turned down for an internship at Conde Nast
- How Lisa ended up researching dinosaur bones at her first job
- The unexpected way Lisa broke into weddings and digital media
- Experiences from working at The Knot when it was a start-up
- Lisa discusses how she thinks wedding culture has changed over time
- Why marriage now is more of a choice than ever
- How Lisa has helped to reimagine the Brides brand
- The role of female empowerment in the wedding industry
- How Lisa has balanced raising a family and progressing her career
- Stress dreams Lisa has heard of (and had) before weddings
- The type of content Brides looks for, to tell engaging stories
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Lisa Gooder on Instagram – @lisagooder