Tara Dowburd has always known that creativity needs to be at the center of her career. She’s an artist. What she didn’t expect was that makeup would be her medium. But after seeing how involved she could be in the lives of her clients and the craft of building confidence inside and out, she realized there was no other place that would be more suitable for her.
After spending over 20 years in the field, Tara has the skills and experience to give solid business advice in the wedding and event makeup realm.
About Tara Dowburd:
Born just outside Philadelphia, Tara Dowburd moved to LA and founded Make-Up Therapy, where she and her hand-selected Beauty Team specialize in hair and makeup for celebrities and other high-end clients– from red carpet to weddings and more. A few notable clients include Fergie, Kristen Bell, Ervin “Magic” Johnson, and more.
- How Tara named her business, Make-Up Therapy
- Tara’s earliest memories of makeup, and her first reactions to it
- Why Tara thought she’d never get into makeup
- Her experience moving across the country with no job, and what happened next
- How Tara got her first high-end makeup gig before even she had a beauty kit
- The way Tara helps her clients to be themselves through their wedding day makeup
- How to prioritize being present with your client through all the event logistics
- Tara explains how it’s different working with men’s makeup vs women’s makeup
- How to work well with wedding and event photographers
- Weather and environmental factors to consider when you do professional makeup
- Tara shares some of her go-to products, plus tips for buying your own
- How Tara secures a stable team and returning clients
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Tara Dowburd on Instagram and Twitter- @makeuptherapy
Tara Dowburd on Facebook