Seeing locations through color and shapes is a unique way to design events. Listen as Andy and Sean Low discuss this and much more on this episode of The Next Level. Sean’s company, The Business of Being Creative, focuses on providing practical advice to those in the business of being creative. His client list includes the who’s who of the wedding industry and design community.
Together, they own Robbins Otoya, a design and event planning firm that designs and produces destination weddings and events all over the world. They each individually own companies also, Matthew founded a company called Matthew Robbins Design based in New York City, and Luis has a catering company called Evento & Cocina based in Cartagena.
Listen as Sean and Andy discuss the unique way Matthew and Luis approach finding a destination with their clients for their event, and how they always use local talent instead of bringing a team from New York to keep it authentic. Additionally, they speak about the fascinating way Matthew and Luis use color in their designs and how they aren’t afraid to use it.
Sean gets specific on what Matthew and Luis mean by pricing their events by the scope of work and how they don’t want their design decisions to be motivated by how much money they are going to make. Robbins Otoya is an exciting collaboration of two brilliant minds working together to build an unforgettable experience, don’t miss this episode.
- [00:27] Sean, welcome to the show again!
- [01:57] Sean speaks about Matthew and Luis’s approach to finding a destination for their clients.
- [04:46] Andy and Sean thought it was fascinating how Robbins Otoya uses color and isn’t afraid to use it differently.
- [06:59] Sean chats about the way Robbins Otoya prices their events.
- [07:48] Sean talks about them using local talent to do the events but doing it with New York standards.
- [10:42] Andy shares that Matthew and Luis don’t want their decisions to be motivated by how much money they are making.
- [11:26] Sean gets specific on what Matthew and Luis are doing and how they price their scope of work.
- [13:20] Sean, as always, I really appreciate you being on the show.
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
Find Robbins Otoya:
Matthew Robbins on The Wedding Biz
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Sean Low, Founder and President of The Business of Being Creative LLC.
Sean Low on the Wedding Biz
Email Sean: email@example.com
Ray Thompson on The Wedding Biz
Preston Bailey on The Wedding Biz