Troy Williams is a successful event designer, planner and lifestyle influencer, but his success didn’t happen overnight. It took years of hard work and persistence in following his dream, including cold-calling producers in Hollywood, finding an opportunity to be an intern at Warner Brothers Studios and helping to style celebrities who happened to shop during his shifts at Banana Republic. Above all, Troy credits his career to his passion, talent, and being truly kind to everyone he met.
In this episode, Troy recounts his experience steadily blossoming into an event designer at Warner Brothers, and how he made the leap from a successful career in Hollywood premiere parties to taking on his own business: Simply Troy – where his A-List Celebrity network now recognizes him as a go-to for their own personal celebrations.
Troy Williams is enthusiastically motivated by the sparkle in his client’s eye when they realize their vision has been spectacularly brought to life. He is inspired by any element he can incorporate into their event that has particular personal meaning.
He creates incredibly personalized event +branding experiences for Celebrity, Corporate, Social and Charity clients. His attention to every detail, both big and small, is held to a consistently high standard of perfection.
During his rewarding 14-year tenure, as a Senior Publicist for Premieres and Special Events at Warner Bros. Pictures, he was involved in the planning and implementation of over 450 special events from coast to coast, including Academy Award and Golden Globe parties.
Some of Troy’s most noteworthy clients include Eva Longoria, Seth McFarlane, Julianne Hough, Fergie, Carol Burnett and IMDb. Troy lives in Southern California with his husband, Craig, their toddler son, Finnley and their dogs.
- How Troy’s college internship experience at Warner Bros. impacted his career
- The early professional projects he earned from persistence and cold-calling
- The importance of networking and being kind to your contacts
- Troy recounts his experience putting on Hollywood premiere events
- Troy’s favorite premiere parties he’s created– and some of his most stressful moments
- What motivated Troy to take the leap into his own business from his successful career
- The biggest differentiator between party planners and event professionals
- A few tips to organically incorporate branding or personal client elements at an event
- How Troy currently structures his business, Simply Troy
- Why Troy started the Simply Smart Book Club
Simply Troy – Lifestyle + Events