Andy welcomes Laurie Arons back to The Next Level. Laurie is with Laurie Arons Special Events. She has been featured in numerous magazine publications and was listed in Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, and Martha Stewart Weddings as one of the top planners worldwide. Listen as they discuss how Erich got his start in photography and how important he feels it is to keep his passion for the art without getting lost in the business side, plus much more.
Erich McVey is a wedding, portrait, and editorial film photographer with a love for medium format cameras, natural light, and incredible scenery. Erich was named by Harpers Bazaar, Brides, and Martha Stewart Weddings as one of the world’s best wedding photographers and twice selected as film Photographer of the Year.
Listen as Laurie gives her insights into Erich’s preference of shooting with film instead of digital, how she loves the look of film and only works with such photographers for her events. Laurie talks about how she gets butterflies before an event because it’s so intense and there is so much on the line. Laurie also discusses what she looks for when hiring a photographer, for her events, and why she loves Erich’s style and the way he shoots photographs.
Have you heard about the brand new show on The Wedding Biz Network, Stop and Smell the Roses with Preston Bailey? Listen as Preston shares the secrets, tools, and technologies behind his extraordinary ability to create a theatrical environment out of any space. Also, don’t forget about Sean Low’s podcast The Business of Being Creative, where Sean discusses the power of being niched, pricing strategies, metrics of success, and so much more. You can find both shows on The Wedding Biz Network.
SUPPORTING THE WEDDING BIZ
Become a patron and support Andy and the show: For as little as $6 per month, or $0.75 per episode, are you willing to support the industry insights Andy brings on his podcast? If you are so inspired: contribute.
- [00:59] Welcome back to the show, Laurie!
- [03:24] Laurie shares how she was able to balance her creative and business sides.
- [04:35] Laurie gives her insights into Erich’s preference for shooting film instead of digital.
- [05:48] Laurie talks about loving film’s look and has always sought film photographers throughout her career.
- [06:48] Laurie discusses Erich’s style and the way he shoots.
- [10:07] Laurie shares that she still gets butterflies when they approach the ceremony part of the event.
- [12:14] Laurie says that It’s so intense, it’s live, and there is so much on the line.
- [13:45] Laurie speaks about what she looks for when choosing a photographer for a client.
- [15:56] Thank you so much for being on the show!
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Laurie Arons – Laurie Arons Special Events
Laurie on Vimeo
Laurie Arons Episode 290 on The Wedding Biz
Laurie Arons Episode 139 on The Wedding Biz
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social: