Rayshun Lamarr has officially put his voice in the arena– it’s where he’s always known he wants it to be. As a singer since childhood, it would be easy to stay on a relatively safe course as an entertainer and rely on the talent he’s been recognized for since an early age. Instead, Rayshun creates opportunity after opportunity for himself to hone his craft and put himself up against the best.
His first steady gig as a professional singer was with host Andy Kushner with a 10-piece party band called SoundConnection. Weddings were a huge entry point into Rayshun’s experience entertaining crowds on a stage and forging emotional connection live.
His hearty experience on the stage prepared him for successfully auditioning for The Voice, where he is currently competing for the ultimate grand prize. Rayshun’s passion, tenacity, and joy are infectious and will make you want to cheer him on long after his time on The Voice ends.
About Rayshun Lamarr:
Rayshun Lamarr hails from North Carolina and currently resides in the Washington, D.C. suburbs. Influenced by artists like Ella Fitzgerald and John Legend, he attended Duke Ellington School of the Arts and grew his musical talent over the years, taking on every opportunity available to sing and perform professionally for the past 13 years. Rayshun is currently competing on Season 14 of The Voice.
- Rayshun’s earliest memories of music and singing
- The dramatic story of Rayshun singing his very first solo
- The moment Rayshun knew he wanted to be a professional singer
- What Broadway dream Rayshun held close as an adolescent
- How Rayshun’s high school completely ignited his passion for the arts
- Rayshun shares his experience auditioning for Andy’s band, SoundConnection
- How singing for SoundConnection transformed his music career
- Stories of what it’s like to receive criticism in the entertainment industry
- Rayshun shares influential advice from his early mentors about staying humble
- Rayshun’s traumatic experiences from the day that led to his cancer diagnosis
- What motivates Rayshun to keep up his incredible energy on stage
- How Rayshun felt as he got ready to sing for his blind audition of The Voice
- Rayshun shares what made it difficult to choose between Adam Levine and Alicia Keys as his coach on The Voice
- Special insights from Rayshun’s time on The Voice so far, including hints at what’s to come
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Rayshun singing “Don’t Stop Believing” in Singapore with Sound Connection
Click to see The Voice performances by Rayshun: