Andy welcomes Sean Low to this episode of The Next Level! Sean is the Founder and President of The Business of Being Creative LLC, which focuses on providing practical advice to those in the business of being creative. His client list includes the elite of the wedding industry and the design community.
Vanessa is the Owner and Creative Director of Two Paper Dolls, a pioneering custom design house that feeds the desire for customization across all aspects of the wedding industry. TPD Design House services clients in the art of branding, website and logo development, and invitation design around the world.
Andy and Sean discuss Vanessa’s conviction to her start her own company, about being a risk-taker and her need to succeed even though there were bumps along the way. Sean talks about her being a culture specialist, and she understands that it’s not about telling the story to everyone. It’s about telling the story to those who care, knowing that the culture drives the story, not the other way around.
Listen in as they share their outlooks on the way Vanessa runs her company, how she includes everyone in the decision making and the meetings to bring new ideas to the team. She believes that if you let your employees feel invested, they work that much harder because they feel as if it is their company.
If you are looking to discover the secrets to Vanessa’s success, look no further. Andy and Sean suss out the real reasons behind her success and lay it out for all to see. This is the episode you will kick yourself for missing, so don’t.
- [01:04] Sean, welcome back to the show!
- [01:45] Andy gives Sean a little background on Vanessa’s interview.
- [02:20] They discuss how Vanessa had the conviction that she could take the leap to her own business and be ok.
- [04:29] Sean talks about Vanessa’s willingness to fail if that is what helps get her to where she wanted to be in the end.
- [06:54] Sean speaks about Vanessa being a culture specialist.
- [09:29] They chat about how not every client is the right client, and sometimes you have to say no.
- [11:17] Culture drives the story, not the other way around.
- [13:41] Getting people on your team invested in your company, you are only as strong as the weakest voice in your company.
- [15:01] You have to be present to where things are, and it’s not easy. Focus on one thing at a time.
- [16:09] Sean says that Vanessa feels nourished by the work.
- [16:53] Thank you for being the show again, Sean!
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
Title Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by PartySlate – the first website designed specifically for event professionals and venues!
Follow Vanessa Kreckel
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Sean Low, Founder and President of The Business of Being Creative LLC.
Sean Low on the Wedding Biz
Email Sean: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentioned in this episode
Tim Chi on The Wedding Biz
Tait Larson on The Wedding Biz
Meryl Snow Part 1 on The Wedding Biz
Meryle Snow Part 2 on The Wedding Biz
Cindy Novotny Part 1 on The Wedding Biz
Cindy Novotny Part 2 on The Wedding Biz
Simon Bailey on The Wedding Biz