The Next Level welcomes back Carrie Goldberg. Carrie is the Travel and Wedding Director at Harpers Bazaar. She oversees all things, weddings, and travel for Bazaar.com. Carrie is also responsible for content strategy and visuals for Bazaar’s digital travel and wedding verticals, and editor of Bazaar’s new program called Bazaar Brides.
Micaela is a celebrity stylist based out of New York City and Los Angeles and is the best selling author of the book, How to Accessorize: A Perfect Finish to Every Outfit. Micaela was named one of the most influential stylists by the Hollywood Reporter and has styled Constance Wu, Lupita Nyong’o, Jennifer Hudson, Hilary Swank, Blake Lively, and many more. She recently styled Amanda Hearst for one of the most talked-about weddings of 2019.
Carrie discusses Micaela’s idea to have a backup dress and an emergency kit at events, the fact taht what can go wrong will go wrong, and so you always need to be prepared. Also, how important it is to manager your client’s expectations, and being the one to tell your team what should be worn at events so that you look professional and represent your brand well for future clients.
Andy and Carrie touch on a few of the best parts of the interview as they speak about Micaela, but there is so much more to hear. If you haven’t already listened to The Wedding Biz for Micaela’s conversation with Andy, you need to, and if you have, you won’t want to miss them taking it to The Next Level.
- [01:24] Welcome back to the show, Carrie!
- [02:34] Carrie talks about how similar a red carpet moment is to a wedding aisle moment.
- [03:53] They discuss Micaela’s work on Amanda Hearst’s wedding and all the details she made perfect.
- [05:58] Carrie is of the school that all of the accessories need to be chosen while the dress is in the room.
- [07:01] What can go wrong will go wrong. A fashion emergency will most likely happen, so a stylist needs to be prepared.
- [08:21] Carrie says you must manage your client’s expectations from the beginning.
- [10:30] Planners should always look the part, be professional, dress appropriately; you are in front of possible clients.
- [11:52] How do you feel about planners and their team wearing black at events?
- [14:09] They talk about whether planners should wear heels or flats for the events.
- [15:05] Thank you so much, Carrie, for being on the show!!
- [15:54] Andy and Carrie will be at the upcoming Engage, at Nizuc, in the media lounge, so stop by and say hi!
- [16:07] Carrie gives a short preview of the topic she will discuss at Engage.
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
How to Find Micaela
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Carrie Goldberg, Travel and Wedding Director at Harpers Bazaar
Email Carrie: carrielgoldberg.com
David Monn Part 1 on The Wedding Biz
David Monn Part 2 on The Wedding Biz
Lynn Easton Part 1 on The Wedding Biz
Lynn Easton Part 2 on The Wedding Biz