Do you know how digital photos typically look different from pictures taken using film? Listen as Andy and Lynn discuss Jose’s new preset that allows him to use digital but still get the film look plus much more. Lynn Easton of Easton Events is a wonderful planner and designer based out of Charleston and Charlottesville who works worldwide.
Jose Villa is a film photographer known for shooting wedding photos for celebrities and high profile clients. Jose was named one of the top Wedding Photographers in the world by Vogue, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Harper’s Bazaar. Jose has also been recognized as one of the most influential photographers of the decade by PDN.
Listen as Lynn shares what she admires about Jose and his work, and his ability to shoot Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra’s wedding with only a week and a half’s notice. Andy and Lynn discuss Jose’s ability to shoot photos with a lot of emotion and how amazing and organized his team is. They also chat about Jose’s use of social media and how he answers each email, DM, and text himself.
Jose is one of those unique individuals that go above and beyond. So much so that Lynn says when he shoots events with her, he always has images to her by the end of the night or the next morning at the latest. Andy and Lynn can’t say enough great things about Jose, so hit play and enjoy!
- [00:56] Welcome back to the show, Lynn!
- [01:39] Lynn shares what she admires about Jose and his work.
- [03:47] Lynn speaks about Jose shooting Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra’s wedding with only a week and a half notice.
- [05:25] They chat about celebrities being more aware of publicity shots having more attention to detail.
- [06:54] Lynn shares that Jose shoots photos with a lot of emotion and how he walks clients through everything to get the best picture.
- [08:20] Lynn discusses Jose’s team and how excellent and organized they are.
- [09:29] Lynn speaks about Jose always getting her images by the night of the event or the next morning.
- [11:26] They talk about Jose’s use of social media and how he handles it himself.
- [14:21] Thank you, Lynn, for being on the show!
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
Jose Villa/Part 1 on The Wedding Biz
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Lynn Easton, creator of Easton Destination Events
Lynn Easton/Part 1 on The Wedding Biz
Lynn Easton/Part 2 on The Wedding Biz
Kiana Underwood on The Wedding Biz