In this episode of The Next Level, Andy Kushner and guest co-host, Andre Wells, discuss key topics from this week’s interview with Mark Ingram. Andre is a renowned event planner and designer known for creating high caliber parties for his many high-profile clients.
On this episode of The Next Level, Andy and Andre discuss the wonderful nuggets of wisdom Mark Ingram provided in his interview. First off, Andre and Mark are colleagues and friends in the industry. Andy and Andre discuss some of the concepts Mark mentioned such as his belief in the art of dressmaking and dressing other people, the need for dressers at the event, and how each wedding gown should reflect the style and feel of the venue.
Boutique owners, brides, and bourgeoning bridal gown designers should all listen to his interview and our discussion to learn how Mark’s experience and tips shine in every aspect of the wedding day production.
- [01:31] Since Andre’s own interview, on The Wedding Biz, he’s been honored by Biz Bash as one of the top 50 event designers in the US.
- [02:40] Andre and Andy chat about Mark Ingram, being a good friend of Andre’s.
- [03:25] “Each gown is a work of art.” – Mark Ingram, Andre shares how fitting this quote is to describe Mark’s belief about the gowns he shows.
- [05:03] The pressure of finding “The gown” also invades the event as a whole because everything interconnects.
- [06:50] It is not an easy thing to dress people. Andre chats about the gift a person must have to dress others.
- [08:03] The style of the wedding is determined by the location, time of day, level of formality and this bleeds through into the style of the dress.
- [09:14] Andre loves the idea of having a dresser on site during the wedding to help with clothing mishaps. An amazing tip from an expert in the industry.
- [10:36] Most planners and designers will have an event kit or a tool bag with everything needed to fix little accidents.
- [11:22] Don’t forget about the groom!
- [13:20] Mark made the point to embrace changes in technology and Andre completely agrees. Stay youthful and accept the younger generation’s knowledge.
- [14:56] Andre shares an insightful tip on not giving over all of your social channels to your staff. Take ownership of your brand and your social media voice.
Mark Ingram Atelier
This Week’s Guest Co-Host
Andre Wells on Facebook
Andre’s interview on The Wedding Biz: Andre Wells: Fashion-Forward Event Design & Planning
LINKS & RESOURCES:
Kushner Entertainment www.kushnerentertainment.com