We’ve all been told to “fake it till we make it,” but sometimes honesty and tenacity is all it really takes to succeed. Today’s guest, Laurie Arons, is a luxury event planner who has been named one of the top planners in the industry by esteemed magazines such as Vogue, Harper Bazaar and Martha Stewart Weddings.
Based in San Francisco, Laurie’s business caters to high-end and extravagant occasions all around the world. Not only does Laurie offer her impeccable taste and eye for style, but she doesn’t hesitate to lend her expertise, her kindness, and her time to others. To hear more about Laurie’s story, technique, and passion for the event industry, tune into this episode of The Wedding Biz with your host, Andy Kushner.
This episode is sponsored by Zola, the fastest-growing wedding platform that connects today’s couples with the right planners and vendors. Zola gives wedding professionals more control, better exposure, and higher quality leads – all with competitive pricing and no annual commitment. Create your free listing at www.zola.com/andy.
Have you heard about Stop and Smell the Roses with Preston Bailey on The Wedding Biz Network? Listen as Preston shares the secrets, tools, and technologies behind his extraordinary ability to create a theatrical environment out of any space. Also, don’t forget about Sean Low’s podcast The Business of Being Creative, where Sean discusses the power of being niched, pricing strategies, metrics of success, and so much more. You can find both shows on The Wedding Biz Network.
SUPPORTING THE WEDDING BIZ
Become a patron and support Andy and the show! If you are so inspired, contribute!
- Getting out fear and replacing it with creativity
- How childhood influenced Laurie’s love for planning
- The influence of having entrepreneurial parents
- Appreciating the finer things in life
- Facets of Laurie’s life that shaped her into the person she is today
- What directed Laurie to event planning
- How being laid off changed Laurie’s life for the better
- Targeting the clientele necessary to reach your goals
- Reaching out to people who have leverage in the industry
- Having an elaborate and committed follow up
- Going the extra mile to perfect every task
- What her event planning process looks like
- Connecting with people and matching with the right clients
- Extending assistance and kindness to others
- Building a loyal following
- Top tips for marketing on Instagram
- The content Laurie’s compiled for her Masterclasses
- Delivering information in an intimate and accessible way
LINKS & RESOURCES
Jose Villa Interview on The Wedding Biz
Abby Larson, Style Me Pretty, Interview on The Wedding Biz
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
The Wedding Biz on Instagram: @theweddingbiz
The Wedding Biz on Facebook: @theweddingbiz
Support The Wedding Biz by clicking here.
Title Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by Kushner Entertainment & Zola.